Friday 9 January 2009

Make a shortcut to lock your screen on Windows Vista + XP

I really am not sure at all how I know this. I've been sitting here trying to think because it's been bugging me but I can't remember, but anyway. I'll tell you still.

This quick tutorial will show you how to create a shortcut to simply lock your computer screen on Vista and XP.

Usually you can do this by pressing ALT + L, but just in case you'd like it being a shortcut on your desktop, or in a folder or anywhere, here's how to do this...

1. Right click wherever you want to create the shortcut, then click New, and then Shortcut.

After doing this, you should have a window come up asking "What item would you like to create a shortcut for?"

2. In the Textbox simply just type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" without the quotations.

After this it should say "What would you like to name the shortcut?"

3. Type anything you want at all for the name... This can be, Lock Screen, Lockit, anything you want!

There we go. Pretty useless really as there is a shortcut on the keyboard already for this, but there we go anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment