Tuesday 3 February 2009

"My Computer" folder loads slowly

There is a well known issue where the My Computer folder decides it wants to take a longer-than-usual time to load up.

Just so you know why it's doing this: Windows hangs while trying to search for network folders and printers before displaying anything to you.

It's probably one of the most simplest tutorials you'll ever see! Even more simpler than a step-by-step tutorial on installing programs or games. But I don't want to exaggerate. Maybe you need glasses but don't know yet so you'll find this hard. I don't know.

Good luck if you do though!

1. Open up Folder Options from the Tools menu in Windows Explorer:

2. Choose the View tab.

3. Uncheck the box for "Automatically search for network folders and printers", and close the dialog.

The changes should be immediate, and your problem should be gone.

Did you need glasses to do that? Comment and let me know! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment